This week I’m hosting Kathi Macias with The Moses Quilt, Gail Gaymer Martin with Her Valentine Hero, Anita Higman with Texas Wildflowers, and Kelly Irvin with Love’s Journey Home. If you want to enter the drawings for the books, please leave a comment on one of the post during the week with your email address. I will not enter you without an email address (my way to contact you if you win). If you don’t want to leave an email address, another way you can enter is to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The drawings end Sunday (Feb. 3rd) evening.
Heroine Interview from The Moses Quilt by Kathi Macias:
1. Harriet Tubman, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Don’t know if there be much interesting ’bout an old slave like me, but one thing I can say is I had me some great adventures leadin’ other slaves to freedom on the Underground Railroad.
2. What do you do for fun?
Never had much time for fun; the master didn’t ‘llow much of that when we was chil’ren. But me and my family had some good times together whenever we could.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I put off escapin’ from the plantation ’cause my husband didn’t want to come with me. I had to choose ‘tween him and freedom. It broke my heart but I left him behind.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Most people thought I should fear those huntin’ me, but I didn’t. Why should I? I knew God would protect me until my work here was done. Then He’d take me home to glory. The only thing I feared on earth was losin’ my freedom once I got it.
5. What do you want out of life?
To serve God and His people. Ain’t nothin’ else really matters.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
Knowin’ God loves me.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?
Never learnt to read. The master didn’t ‘llow it.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Can’t rightly change what God made; not my place to do that.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Not sure what a pet is so don’t s’pose I ever had one.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I be livin’ with Jesus now, so don’t want to go back nowhere.