This week I’m hosting Janet Lee Barton with A Place of Refuge, Judy Christie with Sweet Olive, and Janet Bly with Stuart Brannon’s Final Shot (US and Canada only). If you want to enter the drawings for the books, please leave a comment on one of the post during the week with your email address. I will not enter you without an email address (my way to contact you if you win). If you don’t want to leave an email address, another way you can enter is to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The drawings end Sunday (Sept. 29th) evening.
1. Lady Harriet Reed-Fletcher, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I once fell in love with American cowboy and rancher, Stuart Brannon, but married his friend and partner, Edwin Fletcher instead, who soon after became an English Lord.
2. What do you do for fun? Summer on the Oregon coast. Play croquet and dig for razor clams at the beach near :, Oregon. Try to find a love interest for widower Stuart Brannon. Drive our 1905 yellow Buick with side horn.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? Making phone calls. It’s so difficult to communicate with those modern inventions.
4. What are you afraid of most in life? Not living to the fullest. Having regrets because I did not take on a worthy cause that would have made a difference.
5. What do you want out of life? Doing as much good as I can, for as many as I’m able. That’s why I was willing for my teen daughter Laira to foster an orphan boy briefly in Stuart Brannon’s Final Shot.
6. What is the most important thing to you? To raise my children to responsible adulthood and become the best partner for my husband I can be. While he tries to save the world with his British peers, I sponsor social events that aid goodwill and perhaps romance.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read? Oh, yes, I love to read a wide variety of books. My latest: The Condition of the Working Class in England by Friedrich Engels, Ten Days in a Madhouse by Nellie Bly, and The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy. And I also have written an award-winning book myself, The Yavapai County War, about the adventures of Stuart Brannon and my husband in the Old West.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I believe it’s important to be content with one’s self as God made you, otherwise it leads to wasting time on regret and vanity.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? My husband owns many horses and I do enjoy riding. That’s still Lord Fletcher’s favorite mode of transportation when he’s able to go on an adventure somewhere in the world. Nothing like feeling the wind in your hair, that is, unless there’s a soiree I must hostess that day.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I would love to live my life all over again. I so enjoyed it all. So full of fortune and God’s grace for me.
Find out more about Lady Harriet Reed-Fletcher’s world, including my wardrobe at http://pinterest.com/janetcbly/brannon-s-world/