This week I’m hosting Katy Lee with Warning Signs (US only) and Myra Johnson withWhen the Clouds Roll By (outside US an ebook version). If you want to enter the drawings for the books, please leave a comment on one of the post during the week with your email address. I will not enter you without an email address (my way to contact you if you win). If you don’t want to leave an email address, another way you can enter is to email me at email@example.com. The drawings end Sunday (Oct. 5th) evening.
1. Miriam Hunter, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I suppose some might think that be being a deaf principal of a high school is pretty interesting.
2. What do you do for fun?
I love to swim. I was an open water competitive swimmer all through my school years.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I don’t put off anything. Success doesn’t just happen. It’s planned and accomplished by people who don’t want to be spectators. I don’t want to be a spectator.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
For my accomplishments not to mean anything.
5. What do you want out of life?
For the world to see me before my deafness.
6. What is the most important thing to you?
Family and friends.
7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?
I love to cook and bake and entertain. I generally read hospitality magazines.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Not my deafness. It is part of my identity as a whole.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No pets, but I love the marine life I swim with.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I would love to meet Helen Keller. Her first spoken words to the world were, “I am not dumb now.” She is inspiration to me, and that is how I feel as well.